APN : Group financial results for the year ended 30 June 2019: https://senspdf.jse.co.za/documents/2019/jse/isse/apn/FYresults.pdf
Group financial results for the year ended 30 June 2019
ASPEN PHARMACARE HOLDINGS LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa) ("Aspen Holdings")
Registration number: 1985/002935/06
Share code: APN
and its subsidiaries (collectively "Aspen" or "the Group")
GROUP FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 30 JUNE 2019
Aspen reported the following salient results:
- Revenue from continuing operations increased by 1% to R38.9 billion (Restated June 2018: R38.3 billion);
- Normalised EBITDA from continuing operations decreased by 2% to R10.8 billion (Restated June 2018: R11.0 billion);
- Earnings per share increased by 19% to 1 573.6 cents;
- Earnings per share from continuing operations decreased by 52% to 595.0 cents (Restated June 2018: 1 231.3 cents);
- Headline earnings per share from continuing operations decreased by 11% to 1 227.6 cents (Restated June 2018: 1 383.5 cents);
- Normalised headline earnings per share from continuing operations decreased by 7% to 1 414.3 cents (Restated June 2018: 1 518.4 cents);
- Net Borrowings reduced to R38,9 billion (from R53,5 million at 31 December 2018);
- Disposal of the Nutritionals Business was concluded effective 31 May 2019;
- Operating cash flow conversion rate of 107% from continuing operations; and
- No dividend has been declared for the year ended 30 June 2019 (June 2018: 315 cents).
The contents of the short form announcement are the responsibility of the Board of directors of Aspen. The information in the short-form announcement is a summary of the
full announcement available on the Company's website at https://www.aspenpharma.com/results-and-reports/ on 11 September 2019 and accordingly does not contain full
or complete details. The full announcement can also be accessed online at
The information in this announcement has been extracted from the Reviewed provisional Group financial results for the year ended 30 June 2019, but the short-form
announcement itself has not been reviewed by the Company's auditors. The Reviewed provisional Group financial results have been prepared under the supervision of the
Deputy Group Chief Executive, Gus Attridge, CA(SA).
The Reviewed provisional Group financial results for the year ended 30 June 2019 have been reviewed by PwC, who expressed an unmodified review conclusion. The
Auditor's Report does not necessarily report on all of the information contained in this announcement. Shareholders are therefore advised that in order to obtain a full
understanding of the nature of the Auditor's engagement, they should obtain a copy of the Auditor's Report, together with the accompanying financial information from the
issuer's registered office.
Any investment decisions by shareholders/investors should be based on the full announcement as released by the JSE and published on the Company's website,
https://www.aspenpharma.com. The full announcement is also available at the Company's registered office (for inspection, at no charge, during office hours on any business
day) and at the offices of the sponsor, Investec Bank Limited, from 11 September 2019 to 30 September 2019, both days inclusive. Copies of the full announcement may be
requested by contacting Riaan Verster on telephone: +27(0)31 580 8624, email: email@example.com.
For and on behalf of the Board
Kuseni Dlamini Stephen Saad
Chairman Group Chief Executive
11 September 2019
Investec Bank Limited
Date: 11/09/2019 05:04:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.